Your HVAC system maintains the comfort of your home. It keeps your household cool in the summer and warm during winter.
So, if you’re unsatisfied with the quality of air inside your home, consider installing a new HVAC system or replacing your current one.
Naturally, you might be curious about the HVAC installation process, how to save money when buying an HVAC system and finding the best HVAC contractor to install the system properly so that they last for years.
To begin with, let’s take a brief look at the installation process for HVAC systems.
The HVAC Installation Process
As a homeowner, it’s a good idea to have a rough idea of the HVAC installation process. This knowledge will be useful as you look for and negotiate with HVAC installation contractors. Before the HVAC technician starts the installation process, they calculate the load by determining the load for every room in your home that will be serviced by your HVAC system.
The HVAC installation process is highly technical, detailed and labor-intensive. It requires extensive training and experience, as well as specialized tools and equipment. So, only a qualified, NATE-certified technician can do it.
Getting the Most Value Out of Buying a New or Replacement HVAC System Installation
Purchasing a new HVAC system or replacing your current one is a huge investment. Thankfully, you can make significant savings on your purchase by giving it some thought.
Use the following tips to save on the cost of a new or replacement HVAC system.
- Find out if your local or state utility company offers HVAC incentives or rebates for the replacement of old HVAC systems. If possible, stack multiple rebates.
- Find out if any leading HVAC manufacturers offer rebates. Compare the rebates’ value to the value you get from other deals the manufacturers offer.
- If you’re a member of a warehouse club, find out if they offer a store rebate or other deal that provides value for money on HVAC installation.
- Consider installing a new or replacement HVAC system in the spring or fall as you may get an off-season discount.
- Schedule an in-home visit from prospective contractors so that they can take accurate measures and prepare a quote based on your specific needs.
- Insist on prospective contractors sending you written estimates, preferably via email, as they’re more likely to commit to the initial estimate.
If you’re not sure whether or not you should replace your HVAC system, you can find out from Energy Star whether the savings you make from energy efficiency justifies the replacement cost.
Choosing the Right HVAC Company
After identifying the best HVAC system for your home and getting a good deal for it, the next step is to find a reliable HVAC installation contractor to install the system in your home. Consider the following when choosing an HVAC installation service provider.
- HVAC companies with many years of experience making, installing, repairing and maintaining HVAC systems are most likely to provide you high-quality HVAC products and services.
- Guarantees/Warranties. Leading HVAC companies offer guarantees and warranties on their HVAC products or services because they are confident in the quality they deliver to their customers.
- Leading HVAC companies rely on a strong team of NATE-certified HVAC technicians who not only provide effective services but also treat customers with the utmost professionalism.
- Service Hours. Top HVAC companies provide 24/7 emergency HVAC services to ensure that their customers get help even if their HVAC system malfunction or break down out normal working homes.
- HVAC System Make/Model. The best HVAC companies work with all makes and models of HVAC systems, so they’ll have no problem installing your preferred HVAC system.
- Seek recommendations from friends, family and colleagues, and read customer reviews of the HVAC products and services you’re considering.
- Ask for quotes from at least three HVAC contractors so you can compare their prices and choose one that matches your budget but doesn’t compromise on your needs.
With these considerations in mind, you stand the best chance of hiring a contractor that will not only install your HVAC system effectively but also offer affordable, reliable repair and maintenance services.
Hire a Professional HVAC Contractor to Install Your HVAC System
As mentioned earlier, the HVAC installation process is highly technical and labor-intensive. So, it’s advisable to take your time when identifying and buying the best-value HVAC system and to hire the best contractor to install it.